Cleaning your feed belt is super easy!
We recommend doing this occasionally for maintenance, but if you're experiencing an SC 57000, roller marks or smearing on your prints you're in the right place.
To view video subtitles in your language, please press c (subtitles/closed captions), followed by Settings > Subtitles/cc and then select your language.
Before we get started, let's grab a few things:
- A lint-free cloth (such as an eyeglasses cleaner)
- Isopropyl or Denatured Alcohol (Isopropyl is preferred for less residue)
Let's jump in! Don't worry; this won't take long.
- First, turn off and unplug the printer. Yes, for this process it is okay to turn the printer off!
- Next, grab your supplies and open the top cover of the printer.
- Then, go to the back of the printer and open the rear door by pushing in the two gray tabs located on the either side of the door.
- Now, jumping back to the lid of the printer, have a look inside and locate the Paper Feed Belt. The paper feed belt will look like a black shiny strip of film or plastic.
- Now, take the lint-free cloth, add some alcohol to it and gently glide the cloth along the paper feed belt. There's no need for too much pressure here. We don't want to dent or scratch.
- Once you have wiped and cleaned the visible part of the feed belt, go to the rear of the printer (the rear door should still be open), you will see gray rollers. These rollers help rotate the paper feed belt.
- Gently press down on the gray rollers to rotate the paper feed belt. Try not to slide the gray rollers back and forth as this can cause a paper misfeed.
- This will help clean the part of the paper feed belt that may not be currently visible.
- Once you the paper feed belt has been cleaned in its entirety, wait 15-30 minutes to power the printer back on. The paper feed belt needs to be dry first else it may affect the paper when printing.
- Give it a test! That should do it!
You can keep the printer off for an hour just to be sure that the paper feed belt is dry
Go to the eyewear section in any drug or superstore to find a lint-free cloth
If the gray rollers slide out of place, make sure to place them back into place gently. Again, sliding them back and forth can cause a paper feed errors so do everything with a gentle touch!
With little pressure, you will feel the gray rollers located at the rear of the printer become unstuck
Patience is best when cleaning the paper feed belt!
If you are still experiencing issues or have further questions, please contact our Sawgrass Care Team for assistance by click the 'Support' button on the bottom right of the page, or click here.