Performing a carriage reset will perform an initial ink charge as well as reset the print head adjustments.
Due to the print head adjustments being reset, it is recommended to carry out the print head position adjustment (Standard & High Quality) once the ink charge has been completed.
Please bear in mind that we recommend this be performed only once in a 24 hour period and that it will use up to 25% ink as well as reset the adjustments.
Performing a Carriage Reset can help with certain Service Code errors and sometimes help resolve banding. We recommend performing this only when advised by a technician as there are certain risks involved.
Should you still wish to proceed, please follow the instructions below:
To view video subtitles in your language, please press c (subtitles/closed captions), followed by Settings > Subtitles/cc and then select your language.
- Enter the SP mode. (Press the up and down keys at the same time for 7 seconds, then press the OK key).
- Using the Up and Down keys, Set the No. to 1, then press OK.
- Using the left and right keys, select 3. Process then press OK.
- Again, using the left and right keys, select 009 FUNCTION/MODE, then press OK.
- Using the left and right keys, select 002 CARRIAGE CHANGE then press OK.
- Select ON from the selection keys. ON will now be highlighted.
- Power the printer off.
Replace the ink cartridges if required or have been advised to do so.
- The printer will start the initial ink fill process and will take 6-7 minutes to complete.
- Perform both the Paper Feed and Print Head Position Adjustment.
If you are still experiencing issues or have further questions, please contact our Sawgrass Care Team for assistance by click the 'Support' button on the bottom right of the page, or click here.