In certain circumstances such as when you experience pizza wheel marks down your prints, you may be required to clean the exit guide or Feed Assist Plate as it is also called.
The below guide will demonstrate how to do this by either removing the Exit Guide/ Feed Assist Plate or by simply running a de-condensation process where the printer feeds three sheets of paper through the printer in order to collect any deposited ink from the little wheels located on said Exit Guide/ Feed Assist Plate.
Method 1: Removing and Cleaning the Exit Guide/Feed Assist Plate.
To view video subtitles in your language, please press c (subtitles/closed captions), followed by Settings > Subtitles/cc and then select your language.
Method 2: Performing a De-condensation
Performing a de-condensation can help with pizza wheel marks but also help clear an SC 57000/570-00 error.
- Press the [Menu] button.
- Press the [▲] or [▼] button to display [Maintenance], and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [▲] or [▼] button to display [De-condensation], and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the selection button for [OK].
Three sheets are fed through the machine without anything being printed on them
- Press the selection button for [Exit].
- Turn the machine off, and then turn it on again.