The below article will cover changing the Ink Type selection in PrintMate. This can be useful if you have incorrectly selected the ink type when adding the printer during setup or are getting an Ink Type Required to Print message.
When you initially add your printer in PrintMate under Devices, you will be prompted to select the ink type. If you are unsure on your ink type, remove one of your cartridges from the ink slot in the printer and check the front label.
If you do not select an ink type after adding the printer, you will get a warning message (Ink Type Required to Print) at the bottom of the Print Settings window and the Print option will be disable.
Selecting the Ink Type
- To select the Ink type, navigate to the Settings menu and click on Devices
- Choose the printer you wish to select the ink type for and click Choose Ink Type
- Make your selection. If you are unsure of the ink type, remove one of your cartridges from your printer and check the front label, then reinsert the cartridge.
Changing the Ink Type Selection
Should you have made an incorrect selection, you can change the Ink Type by performing the following.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and click on Devices
- Select the device you wish to change the ink type selection and hit Remove
- Once removed, click Rescan
- This will add the printer back into PrintMate and you will again have the opportunity to select the Ink Type.
If you are still experiencing issues or have further questions, please contact our Sawgrass Care Team for assistance by click the 'Help' button on the bottom right of the page, or click here.