Keep in mind, the colors on your print will differ, sometimes greatly, from how the image will look after it is pressed.
Try pressing first before following the troubleshooting steps below:
- Are you printing using Sawgrass Print manager?
You always want to make sure that you are printing through Sawgrass Print Manager. This program helps ensure that your colors are correctly represented after printing. There are 3 different ways to do this:
- Printing through "open local file"
- Sending to the program from your design program
- Printing straight through CreativeStudio
- What design program are you printing from besides CreativeStudio?
If you are printing from a design program other than CreativeStudio, you may want to check your color settings within that software. You can find our article explaining how to set them based on the software that you are using here.
- What do my nozzle checks and primary charts look like? Are there any missing nozzles or missing colors from the primary chart?
If you are missing any nozzles or colors in the primary chart, try doing 1-2 head cleans, head flushes or full-page bleeds.
If those steps do not clear the blockage, you may want to also clean the capping station.
If you continue to experience color issues after taking the steps above, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Sawgrass Care team for further assistance!