Printer is "offline"? USB not detected? Need to reinstall, but the system's being tricky?
We have you covered!
- Open System Preferences
- Select Printers & Scanners
- Verify that the Sawgrass printer/s is connected to the computer.
- If the printer is in the list, but says Offline, ensure that the cable is securely connected on both ends
- If the cable has been ruled out, try to remove, and re-add the printer to the system.
- Simply click on the printer (not Print Manager) and click the minus sign in the bottom left corner. Once removed, click the plus sign to readd.
- If this does not fix the issue, try to reset the printing system which is done by right-clicking or Ctrl+Click on a blank space in the list of printers to reveal Reset Printing System. This will clear out all printers from the list and will be like starting from a clean slate.
- We recommend restarting the printer spooler first. You can now do this from within the Print Manager.
- Click on the PM logo in your Windows Task tray
- Choose Printer Utilities near the middle
- Choose Restart Spooler on the right hand side
- If the issue persists, you can reinstall the USB printing support driver, which will in turn reinstall the printer driver. This can look intimidating, but it will not hurt your system.
- Click on the start button and type Device Manager. Click it once found.
- Down near the bottom of the list, you should see Universal Serial Bus Controllers (USB). Often there is one that says Printing Support. If so, choose that one. If not, you may have to try several until the right one is found.
- Right click the USB you would like to test and select Uninstall. (Don't worry. This driver is built into your system and will come back without issue)
- Once removed, either restart your system or choose Action > Scan for Hardware Changes near the top of the device manager.
That should do it! You should be all set and ready to move forward. Remember, we'll be here if you need us!