If printed horizontal lines are misaligned, print images are patchy, or streaks are printed at regular intervals, print a test pattern, then adjust the paper feed setting.
- Although instructions are provided, Sawgrass recommends that the procedure to adjust the paper feed be performed from the printer driver and not the printer control panel.
1. Press the [ Menu] key.
2. Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [Print Features], then press the [OK] key.
3. Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [ListTest Prnt], then press the [OK] key.
4. Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [Adj.Paper Feed], then press the [OK] key.
5. Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [Pr.Test Pattern], then press the [OK] key.
6. Press the [Print] selection key
A test pattern to adjust paper feed is printed.
7. Check the optimal adjustment values on the printed test pattern.
The optimal adjustment value is the number that appears on the left of the lightest gray
square with straight horizontal lines on both sides. When this number is "+2", the optimal adjustment value is "+2". When horizontal lines beside the lightest gray square are broken, select the optimal adjustment value by referring to the lines broken in the opposite direction. When the "+2" square is the lightest gray square and the "+6" horizontal lines are broken in the opposite direction, the optimal adjustment value is between "+3" and "+5". After adjustment, check the adjustment result.
8. Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display [Adjustment], then press the [OK] key.
9. Press the [▲] or [▼] key to enter the adjustment value (-14 to +14) from Step 5, then press the [OK] key.
- If streaks still appear after the adjustment, continue to adjust the value by 1 and executing "Adjustment".
- If black streaks appear, increase the adjustment value.
- If white streaks appear, decrease the adjustment value.
- Keep adjusting the value and executing "Adjustment" until the black or white streaks disappear.